Wednesday 16 October 2019

Skittles prayer bags with printable prayers

After the success of our Prayer Space at school and the enthusiasm from the children, we thought it would be a great idea to give each child a practical prayer to take home with them. It was a great idea until I found myself sorting skittles into 120 little bags. Fortunately it's a fairly small school!


I went in to school to do a collective worship session where I demonstrated the prayer activity and then each class was given prayer bags to distribute to the children. I know from feedback on the street and on my next visits that at least some of the children did the prayer at home, so I will call that a good result!


You will need: a copy of the prayer and a small bag for each child, Skittles sweets, bag ties, stapler.

I put roughly 10-12 skittles into each bag, tied the top of the bag and then stapled the prayer to the front.

Click here to print off a sheet of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment