This is a good activity to help children reflect on the Spiritual fruit of patience- how we have to sometimes wait and slowly and carefully do something in order to get to the end. Because this craft takes time and concentration it is a great all-round reflection activity too! Below are instructions and some ideas to talk and pray about.
You will need: Paper plates, wool or string, thin paper strips
Cut slits in the sides of a paper plate and thread wool or string through them to make a weaving frame.Start to weave the paper strips in and out of the frame.
- When do we have to be patient in life? Can you think of a time? Do you find it easy?
- Why is it sometimes better to be patient than to rush?
- Have you ever asked God to help you to be patient? What happened?
- Choose colours of paper to reflect your personality. As you weave, ask God to help you to be more patient
- Write or draw on the paper slips areas of life where you would like to be more patient and, as you weave them, ask God to help you.