You will need: a cardboard box, card (thin enough to fold), sellotape, scissors, a marble.
Fold small pieces of card so that you can sellotape a 'bottom' to the floor of the cardboard box and have the other part of the fold standing up as a 'wall.'
Arrange the folded pieces of card to make a maze pathway for the marble to roll along (be sure to include some dead ends!). Write 'S' where the marble should start its journey and 'E' where the maze should end. It won't look pretty but I'm sure the children will be incredibly inventive!
Let children test their mazes out...
- times when life can feel a bit confusing and you're not sure where you're headed. How does it make you feel?
- the way shepherds lead sheep from one place to another and how they care for them on the journey
- the idea of being 'guided' or 'led'
- see what connections the children come up with between the game and the psalm- you are likely to have a profound discussion!
- times when God has answered prayers in confusing or hard times
- Ask the children to hold their marble and thank God for being with them through everything that happens in life. Then let them guide the marble through their maze.