Wednesday 26 July 2017

Sequin Fabric Board Prayers


I recently discovered 'mermaid fabric' and I love it as a sensory experience and a potential refection and prayer tool!

Mermaid fabric is essentially sequin covered fabric, but the brilliant part is that the sequins are one colour on the top and another colour on the bottom.  If you stroke the fabric upwards, it reveals the underside colour and I could basically sit there stroking all day!

I thought the fabric would be good as a reflection tool in the 'worship' boxes we are creating for children during worship times in a service.  There is a lot of awe and wonder here!!  Here's what I did...

You will need: Mermaid fabric, picture frames (with glass panel removed), PVA or hot glue, scissors.



I took the glass panel out of my photo frames and then removed the backing board, which I measured and then covered with the same size panel of mermaid fabric.  I used PVA glue to stick it on and that seemed to work fine.

I then put the backing board back into the frame and we were good to go!


There is so much potential for these boards...

  • write the initials of someone you are praying for
  • Pray for God's love to be shown and draw a heart in the sequins
  • If you have a fabric like the one above which is black on one side and gold on the reverse, pray for God's light to come into dark places
  • Use the boards as a sensory reflection tool to help you focus on the awe and wonder of God.

Try them out and let me know how you use them!


No comments:

Post a Comment