Monday 16 April 2012

Praying for specific countries

Sometimes there are certain countries that we feel drawn to pray for and we'd like to encourage the children to think about those places they feel drawn to themselves.  As a model and to start the ball rolling, it seemed a good idea to choose a few countries that we could focus on as we pray for the world.  The first country picked is Albania. I sponsor a little boy there, so I'm quite drawn to praying for that country myself!  I thought it would be best to give the children some facts about and pictures of Albania so that they would have some ideas about what to pray for and I then gave them an outline map to draw and write their prayers on.  It was fascinating to see what they wanted to ask God for!


We'll get the children to suggest the next country they'd like to pray for, so it could be anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment