Wednesday 15 August 2012

Creation Story Mats

One of the stories we will be looking at next term is the story of creation in Genesis 1.

I get really excited by visual ways of telling stories, so I thought I'd make some for us to use.  I chose to use cork mats and paper as we are trying to get away from plastic if possible!

It took about an hour and a half to make them because I had to keep referring back to the Bible to make sure I was getting it right!!



All you need is: Different coloured and patterned paper, scissors, glue, cork mats


Cut and stick!

Day 1- Darkness and light, day and night

Day 2- separation of sea and sky (waters above and waters below)

Day 3- Land and sea, plants

Day 4- Sun to rule the day and moon to rule the night

Day 5- Birds and fish

Day 6- humans, animals, insects, reptiles

Day 7- rest

2 comments:

  1. I think I will try this idea but on cardstock with a magnet on the back. I will also make some big numbers with magnets. My students will be able to match them at home on their refrigerators. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete